Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.
In your new role you will:
- Lead and manage a team of applications engineers to assist customers with designing-in our components and reviewing their schematics and board layouts and debugging issues in their systems
- Drive selected activities that through innovation, product to system selling and application competence drive revenue and design-wins growth (Selected activities include generation of collaterals, application notes, simulations, demo boards, contributing to product definition and IP creation)
- Manage the lab activities including CAPEX planning, calibration and maintenance.
- Work with Regional Marketing to establish team priorities that maximize the ROI
- Author articles for publication in trade magazines and journals
- Assist design engineers in evaluating and debugging the operation of new ICs
- Provide occasional lab characterization assistance to help test and analyze customer failures, provide system-level assessments, and report on root cause.
- Use experience gained from customer support to influence definition of new products and applications
- Select FAE and sales trainings
- Manage the Applications team to set goals/expectations, drive resource allocations prioritizing with Regional Marketing and provide overall mentoring and leadership on all functional aspects
- Occasional travel (Approximately 10% of the time) to provide on-site customer support or for internal meetings
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BSEE or MSEE or PhD with hands-on experience AC/DC designs including extensive lab skills for the test and debug
- 15+ years in engineering design and/or applications engineering and customer support
- 8+ years of experience in leading, managing and mentoring application engineering teams. Strong academic and technical background
- The ideal candidate would have a strong background in Switch Mode Power Supplies, Lighting, LV Drives, Solar, Energy Storage or Electrical Vehicles, experience with Simplis and magnetics
- Able to lead in-depth technical discussions and to present technical features and benefits of our products
- Methodical approach to debugging electronics systems
- Extensive knowledge of semiconductor design and application development and customer support
- Able to collaborate with all functions in the organization from Program management, to IC design, Software (GUI) development, Marketing, FAE's and sales to ensure companies success
- Prioritization, multiple project management, time driven results
- Good at developing relationships with internal and external engineering community
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Self-learning, self-disciplined, and a good team player