Manufacturing engineer for the processing of metal tubes (tube bending, end forming and induction brazing operations). Working with mild steel and stainless-steel tubing. Producing custom shapes / geometry with both manual and automated equipment (“Addison, Heber and Pines benders). Working with induction brazing and welding.
Provide expertise in manufacturing process improvement and new process development. Provide technical support for the use of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering tools for development of Standard Work. Support and help lead the continuous improvement of manufacturing operations.
Lead the use of common applications and Lean Manufacturing practices and tools, improvement processes and common solutions in the plant manufacturing processes. Understand the use of computer simulations of processes and provide input and recommendations for improvement for the plant.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support excellence, including:
- Participation in cross-functional project workgroups
- Troubleshoot potential equipment and process problems
- Support maintenance personnel in problem solving equipment or process failures
- Support New Product Introduction with the latest philosophy and technology in process design and lowest total cost production processes.
- Lead installation of new manufacturing processes & equipment
- Drive continuous improvements in our machine and equipment availability.
- Work across all shifts to be able to maintain support for productionNew Product Introduction from design for manufacturing to PPAP. Interact with customers through drawing reviews, equipment and tooling design, quality defect detection and design of process using PFMEA tools.Meet key performance measures for the plant in the areas of quality, safety, value, and effectiveness
- At least 3 years industrial experience with some shop floor level work. Hands on application of Manufacturing Engineering concepts and tools for process design. Materials flow management experience a plus. Certified six sigma belt and experience with lean manufacturing strategies also a plus.
- Provide training for the plant personnel with respect to Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering tools such as computer simulations, predetermined time systems, electronic process documentation and planning systems. Participate in the evaluation, selection and application of new technology and processes and their ‘best’ application.
- Lead compliance and improvement initiatives to meet and/or exceed all organizational expectations
- Support Quality systems implementation
- Minimum of 4-year degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial or manufacturing engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- 4-year experience in related field.
- Excellent computer skills
- PFMEA and control plan
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Project Management
- AutoCAD/Solid Works
- Capital Equipment Justification ability
- Lean Manufacturing Principals
- Customer led