- Create and/or translate component/subassembly/assembly requirements into a design and document it using a cad package (e.g. a Solid Works CAD file).
- Integrate the design document (e.g. Solid Works CAD file) into a releasable document under the Stellartech Quality System.
- Prepare release documentation, e.g. ECO Cover Page, Component Specification Cover Page, etc. in accordance with the Stellartech Quality System process.
- Assist with preparation, revision and release of other DMR documents, such as assembly instructions, test procedures, specifications, etc. as instructed by engineers and from red-lined mark-ups.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years’ experience, or a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent (e.g. certificate) in a technical drafting discipline and 6 years’ experience documenting mechanical components, assemblies and systems
- Ability to design and draw with the Solid Works CAD package
- Experience with many fabrication techniques, including machining, injection molding, rapid prototyping, and mechanical assembly
- Ability to design or source parts and materials, perform design activities with little supervision, fabricate prototypes of their design and iterate the design into a configuration that can be manufactured
- Familiar with ANSI Y 14.5 drafting standards
- Familiar with other documentation packages, such as Auto Cad, OrCad, Corel Draw, Adobe Reader and Photoshop, Visio, etc.
- Medical device industry experienced preferred
Founded in 1988, Stellartech Research Corporation (SRC) is a world leader in the development of innovative devices for both large, established companies and early stage start-ups in the medical industry. The medical systems we develop and manufacture typically combine a complex electronic microprocessor-controlled device and a “smart” disposable. They employ cutting edge technology such as highly sophisticated energy delivery modalities, cloud-based wireless communication and advanced imaging capability. Our commitment to a “Multiphysics” approach and the mastery of scientific principles has allowed us to achieve medical breakthroughs and pioneer many “firsts” in the industry. These include the first temperature controlled RF generator for cardiac ablation, the first monopolar capacitive RF tissue remodeling system for cosmetic use, and the first balloon-based system for esophageal ablation. With over 25 years of success, we’re continually developing new ideas to serve specialized markets in the medical industry.
SRC is headquartered in Milpitas, CA and employs a staff with broad and diverse experience in key areas of medical device product development and clinical applications. We’re looking for top-notch Software Engineers, Hardware Engineers, Software Quality Engineers, Assemblers, and Technicians. If you’re interested in being a part of our journey to help save lives with sophisticated medical equipment, we definitely want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, EAP, Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- 401(k) and a stock equity plan
- 15 days of paid time off and 10 paid holidays
Stellartech Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.