Sr. Network Engineer - Contract - Parsippany, NJ - $60-64 per hour
Sr. Network Engineer - Contract - Parsippany, NJ
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for network design related to products and services for Fiserv customers as part of a team. This includes the physical and logical design of the network components in a multi-tenant data centers. These components include (but are not limited to) heavy IP design, switching, routing load-balancing and route selection systems as well as establishing network fail-over capabilities between components. This includes both in-house and telecommunication provided capabilities. Knowledgeable with NAT schemes is a must. The engineer must provide detailed schematics of their design and work with other engineers to provide an overall topology.
* The candidate must have extensive experience with IP designs, in a multi-tenant and multi-data center environment with fail-over & high available capabilities.
* He/She must have solid experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Cisco products, Cisco IOS and similar operating systems.
* Candidate must have experience with Cisco switch line of products.
* Experience with the Cisco Nexus switching products.
* Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
* Experience with layer 2 technologies.
* Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
* Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
* Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
* Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
* Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
* Knowledge of firewall technology also is a must.
* Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
Sr. Network Engineer Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
* Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
* Experience in managing a multi-tenant data center environment.
* Knowledge of MS Visio to document network designs.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information