Sr. Network Engineer
12575 Uline Drive
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
12575 Uline Drive
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Sr. Network Engineer.
Uline's 200+ person IT Department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we’re improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT Department seeks to do it the best way.
Our Network team is busy developing the next generation, high-speed software-defined network to support Uline's incredible growth. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will utilize your experience of Cisco Route/Switch and Nexus data center products on a daily basis.
A successful candidate will have experience collaborating with Software Developers and infrastructure support teams along with prior experience with one or more SDWAN or SDN products.
If you're looking to break out of the typical network silo environment, Uline is your opportunity!
- Design, implement, and support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, firewalls, security, wireless, LAN switching, and Nexus Data Center.
- Manage load balancing (including DNS/DHCP/IP).
- Provide remote access solution support (VPN, Terminal Services).
- Perform remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications.
- Run application performance and packet analysis.
- Work with emerging technologies such as SD-WAN or Data Center products.
- Manage vendors; perform network assessments and security audits.
- Support internal run and maintain activities, including remote monitoring and management system, respond to alerts, monitor health and seek improvement opportunities.
- Mentor and coach junior team members; continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Research, evaluate, design and deploy new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s), Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS, VPN) and Security (Cisco Firewalls, IPS).
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience with daily support of Cisco infrastructure.
- Familiarity with VPNs, VOIP (Avaya), SIP Trunking, Cisco Wireless Deployments, SD-WAN, Cisco Data Center Switching, Security methodology, Load Balancing, VMware, Citrix and network monitor tools.
- 1+ year experience with SD-WAN design, deployment, and support is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a global, matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
THERE’S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We’re growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers that are ready to grow with us. If you have a passion for what you do then we’ll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, fantastic benefits and a variety of perks create an outstanding work environment for all our employees.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition Assistance Program that covers professional continuing education courses, books and other fees.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a privately held, family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products in our 750-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel Uline's incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!
Uline is a drug-free workplace