P osition Title : Sr. Network Engineer
What we need :
Cetera Financial Group is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to support Infrastructure environment deploying and supporting large enterprise network environments (wired and wireless). They will manage all aspects of complex design, configuration, and implementation, troubleshooting and supporting data, voice and video in converged and non-converged configurations to ensure high availability for the corporate business units. Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities. The candidate should also possess good problem determination and resolution skills. This position will perform overall network engineering, analysis, configuration, security scans, and performance management.
What you will do:
- Act as an Expert level SME in the areas of Routing and Switching technologies and IP communication.
- In conjunction with the Manager and Senior Engineer, develop networking technology standards and infrastructure requirements
- Provide technical expertise and project management for wide & local area networking, security infrastructure, business continuity, and VoIP based systems
- Supports and maintains local & wide area data networking, security appliances, monitoring tools, business continuity, and VoIP telephony systems.
- Provide operational, technical, and analytical support for network infrastructure
- Support a WAN environment consisting of MPLS, VPN technologies with a Virtual Cloud environment.
- Maintain network monitoring and conduct capacity planning
- Configure and Administer Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, access point.
- Vendor management for hardware, software and WAN circuits
- Collaborate with on shore and offshore users including multiple time zones across US
- Support telecom and network connectivity for internal and external users
- Partner with the business community to determine data networking solutions and strategies
- Prepare and maintain procedures, standards, and necessary documentation
- Provide customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers and strive to continuously improve service delivery
- Review and implement changes on the network, following Change management process
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Improve and Introduce best practice procedures, standards and policies.
- Research new technologies, products, tools and protocols to support evolution of network infrastructure and support systems
- Ability to work after hours, nights, weekends and provide emergency response support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year when required
- Perform all other responsibilities and duties deemed necessary
What you need to have:
- College Degree, preferably in Information Technology or Engineering or related work experience
- Cisco CCNA and CCNP certification required. Cisco CCIE certification preferred.
- 8 years related experience in data networking and network security
- Proven understanding of VoIP based telephony technology
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of networking issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven project management experience.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Really catch our eye with:
- MPLS, Frame Relay, IP Networking, VoIP, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VPN, EIGRP, RIP, WiFi, WLAN, ACS, IPS, IDS, Cisco Firepower SolarWinds, WhatsUpGold, Netscaler, Netscout, AD, DNS, WINS, DHCP, EM7,
- Catalyst series switches 6500, 4500, 3700, 3800.Nexus series switches 9K, 7K, 5K,ASA firewalls 5500, 5500-x Series/ Firepower series.Meraki MX Firewalls, MR Access points and switches, ASA - Clustering, ASA Active/Standby,GRE/IPSEC VPN, Standard ASA firewall services - ACL's, Static/Dynamic/Policy based NAT, Cisco ISE, Wifi controller & Cisco Meraki
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly motivated and driven, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to keep meticulous records, maintain accuracy, and not lose sight of important details
- Willing to work overtime to meet critical deadlines
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.
About Cetera Financial Group
Cetera Financial Group ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent firms empowering the delivery of professional financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology. For more information, visit cetera.com .
"Cetera Financial Group" refers to the network of independent retail firms encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Investment Services (marketed as Cetera Financial Institutions), Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied Securities, and Summit Brokerage Services. All firms are members FINRA/SIPC.
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.
Agencies please note : this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Cetera's Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.