Who we are:
Meridian is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of an Oracle DBA:
The DBA is responsible for the support and operation of a variety of database technologies to meet the business needs of the company.
- Monitor databases to insure up-time and availability.
- Review, and apply changes to database structures. Add/modify tables, views, indexes, functions, procedures, synonyms as appropriate when required to support a business process or need.
- Work with development staff to identify performance bottlenecks and recommend changes required to improve database performance
- Work with internal and external resources to facilitate the design, development, and deployment of the corporate data warehouse that will support the Business Intelligence reporting environment
- Automate standard processes via PL/SQL code or shell scripting
- Provide on-call support as required
- Insure data integrity by developing backup/recover/restore processes for each production database
- Apply update/fixes/upgrades to database software when released from the database vendor
- Performance Tuning & Capacity Monitoring
- Data Security, Backup & Recovery
- Standby/Failover Administration
- Provide access to database structures as required via application of grants and/or permissions
- Plan and Implement Oracle Installations, upgrade and configurations
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty is required.
- At least six to eight years of experience in the field or in a related area is required.
- Proven Oracle administration experience with 10g, 11g and 12c
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, and upgrading Oracle servers
- Demonstrated experience with database tuning and performance monitoring
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining and using Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience in Oracle Database Appliance is a plus
- Experience utilizing Cluster Ready Services is a plus
- ODI/OBIEE/Tableau experience is a plus
- SQL server databases is a plus
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong system design and development skills
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage problems independently
- Ability to keep up with trends in database technologies
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and manage diverse tasks across a variety of database platforms
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER