Summary: Responsible for new product introduction to MTMN Operations. Interfaces with R&D, Standard Product Engineering (SPE), Purchasing, Planning, supply chain, Quality, Customer Service and Product Management to document and release all aspects of new products. Works with SPE and Field Service to solve product issues at customer sites after release. Maintains and augments New Product Introduction Process. Develops and sustains process improvements to reduce cost and improve efficiency on new and existing product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and maintenance of NPI Process
- Works with all departments to ensure new products are introduced into standard production workflow.
- Hosts product development meetings to inform all stakeholders of current status on each product.
- Works with vendors and internal staff to ensure part manufacturability
- Tests and revises product design for reported field failures and implements corrective actions
- Depending on project type, some travel may be required
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME)
- 5-8 years engineering design experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with FMEA process
- Proven experience taking a project from concept to application
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams
- Understanding of part fabrication techniques and methods
- 3D CAD modeling experience (Solidworks a plus)
- FEA CAE experience (Ansys Multiphysics a plus)
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles and practices
- Familiar with simple programming (VB.net, Excel Macros), Microsoft Office products, and ERP systems
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with both domestic and foreign colleagues/vendors
- Semiconductor/Electronics mechanical design experience a plus
About the company: Multitest (MT): Since 1980, MT has been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of test equipment for semiconductors integrated circuits, often called “chips”. Under the brands Multitest, Everett Charles Technologies Interface Products, and Harbor Electronics, MT products are used for the functional testing of the individual semiconductor chips. Its test equipment acts as a mechanical and electrical interface between the semiconductor and the actual tester with the test software.
Xcerra Corporation comprises the combined companies of the LTX-Credence Corporation, Multitest, Everett Charles Technologies and atg-Luther & Maelzer businesses. Together they are global providers of capital equipment, interface products, and services to the semiconductor, industrial, and electronics manufacturing industries. The Company addresses the broad, divergent requirements of the mobility, industrial, automotive and consumer end markets, offering a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and technologies, and a global network of strategically deployed applications and support resources. Xcerra is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The consolidated companies have revenues of $324M with approximately 30 locations worldwide and employ over 1,800 employees. EEO/AA/MFVD