POSITION TITLE: Senior Product Manager
SUMMARY: Owlet is changing the world of infant care with meaningful products that truly make a difference for millions around the world by empowering parents with the right information at the right time. We are seeking a well-qualified and self-driven Senior Product Manager to accelerate that change by expanding the Owlet ecosystem of products that utilize cutting-edge technology on the forefront of wearable tech, IoT, and machine learning with big data.
As Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the entire Product Lifecycle, including: continuously capturing the voice of the customer and using it to shape the product experience, gathering and prioritizing product features and requirements, defining the product vision and strategy, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure product execution, revenue, and customer satisfaction goals are met. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Define the PRODUCT
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Determine full feature set and requirements needed to create a compelling customer value prop
- Deliver a thorough PRD with clearly prioritized features and well-defined requirements
- Own Product RESULTS
- Demonstrate the quality of ownership
- Make key product decisions, including telling stakeholders no when necessary
- Demonstrate true leadership in bringing a successful product to market
- Possess a deep knowledge of the CUSTOMER
- Know customer issues, pains, desires, how they think, how they decide to purchase
- Understand qualitative data: why customers do what they do
- Understand quantitative data: what customers are doing
- Acts as the product expert: how it works, the critical components within it, how users really use it
- Possess a deep knowledge of the DATA
- Spend time every day in the data that drives their product
- Know the sales analytics, usage analytics, A/B test results, etc.
- Possess a deep knowledge of the BUSINESS
- Understand how the business works, and what role the product plays
- Work with key stakeholders: Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support
- Know stakeholder constraints and deliver product consistent within them
- Possess a deep knowledge of the MARKET & INDUSTRY
- Know top competitors
- Stay informed of key technology trends
- Follow relevant analysts and social media
- Know how the product must operate to win majority market share
- Know how the product fits within a complex ecosystem
What makes a Product Manager Successful at Owlet:
- Smart: Demonstrates raw IQ, intellectual curiosity, and quick learning.
- Creative: Thinks outside the normal product box to solve problems.
- Collaborative: Works closely with and includes all necessary stakeholders. Consults and collaborates closely with engineers and designers early and often to define requirements and feature set.
- Persistent: Pushes teams with compelling evidence, constant communication, and builds bridges.
- Passionate: Loves building products and solving customer problems. This cannot be taught.
Key Deliverables, Activities, and Metrics of a Product Manager at Owlet:
- Deliverable: A 2-3 year prioritized roadmap that clearly answers the following for prioritized opportunities:
- Will consumers buy this?
- Can the user figure out how to use this?
- Can our engineers build this?
- Can our stakeholders support this?
- Conducts consumer interviews
- Tests new ideas quickly and often with consumers via rapid prototypes
- Separates the good ideas from the bad
- Validates and identifies our best opportunities
- New ideas tested per month
- How often we have to stop/pause/refine untested ideas in Delivery
- Deliverable: A well-defined product that clearly states the requirements of the product, in prioritized order
- Key Activities:
- Defines and prioritizes consumer JTBD: functional, social, and emotional
- Defines the intended solution with product team Design and Engineering
- Creates clear acceptance criteria - “This requirement is met when…”
- Product/Market Fit: The PM has scoped the smallest amount of product that meets the needs of the market
- Deliverable: A successful product in the market
- Key Activities:
- Defines the product scoreboard - the key product features that will most impact customer happiness
- Evangelizes the product story - partners with Marketing to create the key product messages, ensuring they align with consumer needs
- Champions the product launch - partners with Sales to evangelize the product with key channel partners and achieve their buy-in
- Refines definition throughout the delivery process: available to quickly answer questions, remove ambiguity
- Continuously validates the product with customers through onsite, Alpha, and Beta testing
- NPS: How happy are our customers with their product in the first week and after the first 30 days? 3 months? 6 months?
- Retention: For how long do our customers use our product? Can we increase the potential customer LTV?
- MAU/DAU: How frequently do our customers use our product? Can we increase the potential customer LTV?
- Sell-Through: How is our product performing in the market?
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-5 years Product Management Experience
- Background Consumer Products – hardware and software
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.