Our client is looking for a Sr. Project Manager for a long term contract opportunity. The Project Manager position is to provide direction and leadership to project team members for small-to-large sized application and/or infrastructure projects up to $5 Million dollars that are moderate to high complexity. The Project Manager will ensure project results contribute positive business value and meets agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality business results. The Project Manager acts as a change agent for the client's IT department and provides program / project management methodology fundamentals and expertise.
- Strong PM skills to direct the entire project process life cycle of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring / controlling and close of an entire project.
- Ability to contribute and champion usage of structured project management methodology (to include Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Iterative, etc.).
- Knowledge of application and / or infrastructure development life cycle (SDLC) and other technical management concept, processes, and methodologies.
- Analyze, manage, and report project performance – financial reporting, resource allocation, task delegation and stakeholder management.
- Ability to provide financial forecast and on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures.
- Demonstrate financial awareness to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss, and added value.
- Develops and executes an overall project schedule, including tasks, duration, dependencies, and resource assignments.
- Controls and tracks changes to scope, time, cost, quality, issues, and risk.
- Possess IT and formal program/project management knowledge as well as ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines based on logical work breakdown structures aligned to critical path.
- Manage project dependencies, milestones, and critical path.
- Ensures product deliverables’ quality, such as functional specifications, logical and physical data design, solution design and detailed design, test plans, and completed solution.
- Manages vendor relationships according to contract terms and conditions and works with vendors as needed.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Monitors individual performance, maintains team morale and provides feedback to resource managers
- PMP Certification required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong track record managing and executing IT projects and formal project management knowledge.
- Experience with stakeholder management, working with stakeholders to confirm understanding before drawing conclusions.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and leadership skills and ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to direct the work of others, build and maintain cohesive motivated matrix teams across a large enterprise.
- Strong business judgment, consulting and customer service skills.
- Prior experience with EPM tools such as HP PPM, Clarity, etc.