Sr. Project Manager / Program Manager - Insurance
Location: Springfield, MA
Duration: 6 Month Contract, possible RTH
Must be eligible for W2 employment. No agencies or visas please.
Must be able to work on-site in Springfield, MA.
The Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of complex, long-term projects in the Insurance / Retirement Services domain.
- Coordinate, plan, develop and implement moderate to complex projects and recommend appropriate strategies, actions, and/or alternatives for business decisions relative to the projects under area of responsibility.
- Delegate to others the authority to lead specific functions of the project on a daily basis while maintaining full execution accountability.
- Manage matrix team(s) and/or cross functional team(s), being responsible for the day-to-day execution, management, and reporting of the project, including managing resources, costs, scope and meeting deadlines according to plan.
- Accountable to business sponsor(s) and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s).
- Deliver project/program/portfolio objectives on-time, with quality, within scope and budget.
- Develop, manage, monitor and report on all project/program tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables; and/or provide management and oversight for a business or IT portfolio.
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies, standards and tools.
- Demonstrate proven capability to be disciplined and flexible at the same time.
- Provide input into and/or influence business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects.
- Supply accurate project estimates and tightly manage project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals.
- Secure and maintain project resources and actively manage resource plan; direct other Project Managers.
- Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Quickly learn, apply, promote and contribute to the company's IT delivery methodologies, standards and tools.
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills.
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT.
- Hold self and project team accountable for outcome.
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult; drive and influence decisions.
- Proactively coach and mentor team members within your organization and across the enterprise.
- Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions.
- Listen and effectively communicate with clarity, precision and transparency.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use.
- 8-10+ years of Project Management experience, as well as 2+ years of Program Management experience.
- Significant technical or Insurance/Retirement Services background, especially product knowledge.
- Must have experience managing Vendor delivery and relationships.
- Ability to naturally lead and command authority; influence and inspire across a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, capable of establishing and growing functions and teams from the ground up.
- Action-oriented, driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proven experience delivery projects using Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies, standards and tools.
- PMP Certification is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.