Position:Real Estate Development Project Manager
Project Renewal is seeking a Real Estate DevelopmentProject Manager to assist with all aspects of shelter, transitional, and permanent supportive and affordable mixed-use housing real estate development.The Real Estate DevelopmentProject Manager will have varying responsibilitiesfor one or more projects from pre-development through construction closeout, as well as assisting with other real estate matters.
Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and familiesto renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
This position reports to the RE Development Consultant and the President/CEO. This is an individual contributor position with no direct internal staff. The Real Estate Development Project Managerinterfaces with and may leadteams of external consultants.
- Routine field oversight and contract administration
- Engagement with the project through initial occupancy and permanent loan conversion
- Coordination with Project Renewal program staff
- Working closely with architects and engineers on building design, including the review of plans and specifications
- Working with public and private funding sources,including government agencies, to secure all necessary approvals and project financing
- Recommendations for project budgets
- Oversight of budgets, invoice review and approvals
- Oversight and coordination of permits and approvals as required for the project
- Site identification and acquisition
- Coordinating all pre-development work
- Board of Trustees reporting, responses and other communications
- Other tasks as may be assigned
- Bachelor's degreein Real Estate, Finance or Business, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 3 years real estate development experience, multifamily affordable housing preferred
- Knowledge of New York City and State affordable housing programs preferred
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The ability to effectively coordinate multiple deliverables
The ideal candidate is familiar with shelter and affordable housing development in New York City and has direct experience working with city and/or state housing agencies. The ideal candidate would possess firsthand experience with multi-family residential design and construction.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.