Sr. Proposal Manager
Job number: 1821
Location: Vienna, VA
Position Type: Full-Time
T&T is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a Sr. Proposal Manager to act as a strong strategist and tactician who will envision the final product, who will manage the resources (internal and external) assigned to any given proposal and process and execute to achieve the desired final product. This will include final responsibility for preparing and delivering all proposal volumes and other required proposal deliverables, controlling both the process and the final product. The candidate must possess the ability and flexibility to execute all proposal team responsibilities, where necessary. This position reports to the COO.
- Planning proposal and associated support activities, preparing the proposal schedule and manage the deliverables for the proposal preparation process
- Analysis of the government solicitation, identifying all requirements and criteria for evaluation and preparation of the detailed proposal
- Development and management of the proposal team: assigning key proposal tasks, including coordination of resources for highly technical responses;
- -write/re-write sections of a proposal along with the capture team as necessary
- Developing guidelines and processes for detailed pricing inputs, working closely with the Price Leader to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Integrating the efforts of all involved technical, management, contracts, pricing and business staff into the proposal development process;
- Approving, resolving and controlling any RFP exceptions or deviations
- Preparing status reports and briefings for management; and participating in reviews at all stages in the proposal
- Ensuring that the proposal conforms to the instructions, evaluation criteria and SOW in the solicitation
- Define, document, implement and support continual proposal process improvement
- 7+ years of experience with performance-based proposals for the federal government is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing and proposal development experience is required,
- demonstrated ability to maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process, and to infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics to good effect throughout the entire proposal
- Experience with MS Office and Sharepoint
- Ability to manage and execute proposals from initial conception through final delivery, including theme and content development, technical writing, editing, and proposal presentation
- Ability to perform in a variety of proposal development roles, including but not limited to leading sections and/or volumes and technical writing and editing, as needed
- Experienced with proposal efforts involving multiple team members and demonstrated ability to develop proposals that demonstrate understanding of the government customers’ needs
- Ability to coordinate activities and build schedules to accommodate geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Has leadership presence, including excellent communication skills, oral and written and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and resolve proposal challenges and problems.
Education and/or Certifications:
- Bachelors degree desired but work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.