Our client in the Irving, TX area is a growing SaaS Software Company, and they are seeking a Senior Level Python Developer for a direct-hire opportunity.
- Work with an agile team of engineers to deliver high value, high quality software.
- Iteratively design, build and test code in all layers of the application as requested from the Product Owners.
- Work with Product Managers and Product Owners to design next generation of features to be developed.
- Work with the DevOps team, to deploy code based on an established release schedule.
- 6+ years professional python dev experience.
- Familiar with relational database systems.
- Experience with database access, either through pandas, SQL or SQLAlchemy.
- Experience translating design specs into production code.
- Demonstrated ability to test software using unit, system, regression, or integration tests as appropriate.
- Fully proficient with Git and Docker, Kubernetes is a bonus.
- Practical understanding and application of Agile development practices.
- Work closely with research and analytics team to produce production quality code based on prototype designs.
- Analytic thinker with the ability to both independently and collaboratively pursue solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics concisely.
- Perform code reviews and propose solutions to various problems.
- Financial domain knowledge.
- Experience with common python libraries, e.g. Pandas, numpy, dask.
- Familiarity with distributed microservice architecture, distributed systems (hadoop, spark, aws emr), and RESTful APIs, particularly using cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience building and managing custom REST APIs.
- Knowledge of messaging systems and protocols (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, AMQP, Zero MQ, tcp).
- Experience with non-relational document of graph databases.
- Experience with the Microsoft ecosystem (.Net, C#, SqlServer, Azure).