Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager the QA Analyst will create, manage and execute test plans for the applications. In this capacity, the QA Analyst, will play an essential role in the project development lifecycle and will work closely with the QA Manager, QA automation personnel, developers, and business analysts to ensure that business requirements are testable and verifiable as identified by project teams in order to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of proper and expected functionality.
• Creates comprehensive test plans and the related well-defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specifications documents.
• Executes software tests including functional testing, system testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
• Works with the automation engineers to create and maintain automated test script libraries based on completed test cases for assigned applications, based on priority.
• Documents software defects in an issues tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and business analysts.
• Participates in business and functional requirements and design specifications reviews early in the software development lifecycle process.
• Assists in identifying and documenting traceability relationships between functional requirements and test cases, as well as between test cases and defects.
• Assists with the development, integration and coordination of cross-organization test projects.
• Manages scheduling to ensure efficient and effective product testing; identifies and reports risks to project schedule and product quality and proposes new methods to control and/or mitigate risks.
• Generates effective status and progress reports to the QA Manager and project team managers.
• Validates implementation procedures and scripts.
Specific Job Skills:
• Successful candidate will have an aggregate of 3 years of experience in software testing in a process-driven technology environment. Experience must include and should feature hands-on testing.
• Experience with financial software testing is strongly preferred.
• Experience in knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing.
• Experience in all phases of software application design, development and testing.
• Ability to translate business requirements and/or design specification documents into testing protocols.
• Experience with full cycle testing including functional testing, system testing, usability testing, integration testing, and performance and stress testing.
• Proficient SQL/Database skills.
• Minimum BA or BS Degree, completion of some computer courses preferred.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving abilities.