Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst for our Life Sciences division. The successful candidate will be working with both functional and automated testing, leading and developing testing for our legacy and new web-based software application. The candidate will work with the QA team as well as independently and must possess a strong willingness to learn. This position provides active participation in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
· Participate in regular review meetings with various project team members to ensure that quality is being maintain throughout the software development life-cycle
· Create, maintain and improve manual and automated test plans, test cases and test suites to support various levels of testing using various types of testing tools and software languages (Test Complete 8, Visual Studio Test Tools, C#, .NET Framework objects, T-SQL/SQL, etc.)
· Perform regularly planned manual and automated tests that focus on; functional, performance, scalability, regression and reliability product testing that will certify the quality of clinical functionality, technical designs and product architecture
· Track and analyze defect test results that can be tracked against specific test cases and code paths in order to find failures and inconsistencies of product code prior to release
· Participate in designing, developing and implementing automated builds and continuous integration processes during the product development and release process
· Write code (using C#, SQL/T-SQL, etc.) to establish and maintain test data that supports manual and automated test suites
· Work proactively with members of MSA teams to find and fix product defects using both manual and automated test methods
· Produce and maintain test coverage reports that are delivered on regular basis to management.
· Provide feedback to MSA teams to improve product solutions, tools and technical approaches
· Work with the management and implementation teams on the sign-off and release cycles to certify final software and documents prior to production releases
· Develop quality assurance standards and processes
· Provide technical leadership to junior QA analysts
· Requires a four-year technical degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum four years of experience with implementing quality assurance and software testing across the full product life-cycle
· Experience with developing and executing test plans, test cases and test suites to support both manual and automated testing
· Experience with implementing and using automated testing tools which include, but not limited to; Test Complete, NUnit, FitNess, Visual Studio Testing Tool, etc.)
· Experience with various types of product methodologies; classic water-fall, CMMI, and/or Agile
· Strong technical skills with Windows operating systems (Windows 2008, Windows XP, Windows 7), object oriented design/development, SQL Server database (Management Studio, Reporting Services/Report Builder, SSIS, Configuration Utility), SQL/T-SQL languages (C#, HTML, Silverlight), and .NET Framework (3.5/4.0-WCF/WPF/ASP.NET) and Entity-Framework
· Strong technical skills with Windows development and productivity tools such as; Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio 2008/2010, Office 2007/2010, etc.
· Experience with implementing design and programming patterns that are used as industry best practices
· Experience with collaborating with various team personnel that include but not limited to; engineering, quality assurance, sales, implementation, management, clinical, customers etc.
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to communicate in verbal or written form in order to provide adequate solutions
· Must possess a high level of organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work efforts under very aggressive deadlines
· Shows a level of detail in analysis and testing. Doesn’t accept anything unless it is personally tested, validated, and certified
· High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
· Experience or knowledge within a clinical/hospital setting desired. Helpful to have solid organ transplant workflow knowledge.