K&L Gates LLP delivers legal services on an integrated and global basis, with more than 2,000 lawyers across five continents. Positioned at strategic intersections of the global economy, K&L Gates has one of the largest contingents of lawyers and offices across the United States of any law firm and strong local presence in key capital cities and world commercial and financial centers. The firm’s extensive latticework of lawyers, practices, and offices - more than 300 lawyers in Europe’s largest economies and one of the largest international practices in Asia among US law firms - creates a worldwide network to serve clients’ growing international needs, with lawyers counseling clients on their most sophisticated legal challenges in all areas of corporate and regulatory law and litigation.
Watch our video, “Grow Your Career at K&L Gates,” to really get a sense of what sets us apart from other law firms.
The global law firm of K&L Gates LLP seeks an experienced Paralegal for its Seattle office. This position will be responsible for assisting attorneys in the Real Estate (Transactional) group.
• Reviews title commitments and surveys and coordinates corrections to same
• Takes care of filing UCC financing statements in numerous jurisdictions and recording miscellaneous real estate documents in different counties
• Locates relevant authority and understands statues applicable to the transaction
• Responsible for drafting, revising, and finalizing loan documents and miscellaneous real estate documents
• Proofreads legal descriptions and other document content for accuracy
• Follows the deal from inception through the closing and post-closing phases
The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years’ experience with extensive knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, an easy familiarity with title and survey including general aptitude and understanding of the law. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s Degree or equivalent level training preferred. Excellent organization and communication skills. Ability to multitask efficiently and expeditiously in a fast-paced environment, while exercising sound judgment with minimal supervision. Team oriented and a willingness to apply initiative to pending projects. Positive, professional attitude and the willingness to work hard and proactively take on responsibility.
We seek exceptional employees who want to become a part of our practice on all levels, to help us expand, challenge our limits, and push us to grow into the future. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal growth, then K&L Gates could be the right place for you.