Our client is looking for a Sr. Risk Analyst for a 3+ month long contract in Racine, WI. Ideal candidates will have extensive background in Fortune 500 companies that includes hands on work with governance, business/IT security, and help evaluate where the company is vulnerable.
In general, the person must upkeep the Information Security Risk operational activities and support strategic initiatives. The person must be able to guide the business through Risk processes, which are risk exceptions, vendor risk assessments, and documenting and analyzing risk in the risk register. Lastly, the person needs to be able to analyze and articulate the risk to Leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must be able to perform Information Security Risk exceptions by working with the business, various IT functions, and Governance/Legal.
2. Must have a good working knowledge of Information Technology architecture, windows/Linux/Aix servers, and application security.
3. Must be able to articulate Information Security Risk based on notification of issues from Security Operations and communicate to Leadership. Additionally, work with the IT and IS towers to update the risk register.
4. Must be able to perform an assessment on the vendor’s information security posture (vendor risk assessment (VRA)). Develop VRA reports for assessed vendors and communicate the results to the business and Governance/Legal.
5. The person will provide business knowledge, experience and expertise that support idea generation, best practices analysis and subject matter expertise in the area of Information Security Risk Management.
6. As needed, the person shall support all other activities related to this function such as updating processes, procedures, metrics, SharePoint site, etc.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
1. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Analytics
2. 5+ years in Information Security Risk
3. 3+ years in Information Technology; must have a solid understanding of IT Architecture including Server management, End point management, and Network operational activities.
4. Must be able to perform activities in Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio).
5. Must have working knowledge of SharePoint
6. Must be able to perform analytics in excel as needed
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.