This position will have demonstrated experience working in most phases of the data warehouse project lifecycle and will be responsible for not only working with our existing systems and data sets, but also creating new ways to store, manage, and access large amounts of data as we continue to evolve our systems and capabilities.
The Client is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation. Located in the United States and incorporated in 1905, Client is one of the oldest of such organizations in the world and uses science, education and grassroots advocacy to advance its conservation mission.
The technical platform includes core Microsoft data management technologies (SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, SSIS, SSAS, etc.) We are also looking to the cloud and exploring how analytics tools from AWS, Azure, and other platforms complement and add to our capabilities.
About the Job:
- Understand and evaluate, SQL, and other modern data systems
- Resolve and troubleshoot complex production issues.
- Develop and maintain reports in SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Participate in development and creation of Data warehouses.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Production support for existing reports, jobs, extracts
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online
- analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- 4+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer or Data Warehouse Engineer
- Experience with large scale production databases
- Experience with fine-tuning SQL servers to make it perform better
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Experience in building and supporting business intelligence/data
- warehousing reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
- Experience building/optimizing cubes with SQL queries, and experience with Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) including database development, deployment, configuration, security, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a high availability environment.
- Excellent logical and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or mathematics.
- Microsoft training and certification will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience programming OLAP with MDX would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills -both verbal and written.
Excellent Compensation and room for growth.