MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
Proactive customer service position responsible for CRM system management, quote preparation, customer forecasting and contract construction and maintenance for assigned OEM account customers.
- Sustaining support for assigned OEM accounts
- Provide support to OEM Contract Administrators on products being sold to OEM accounts
- Constructs and maintains written customer contracts, including administration of contracts in contract database
- CRM System - maintain customer relationship management database (SalesForce) with strategic customer interactions, opportunities and forecasts.
- Support the forecasting and re-ordering activities for the OEM Contract Administrators.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the company’s business processes and CRM tools.
- Use CRM tools to prepare quotes for standard and custom products, and work with OEM account team to update quote follow-up in CRM.
- Verify cost, lead time and technical information provided by the operations, ERP and engineering teams.
- Communicate with stakeholders, document details and approvals.
- Reconcile past pricing and terms for new derivative products.
- Work with OEM account and product management teams on sales analysis and CRM business process optimization projects.
- 2-3 years experience in customer service role at a manufacturing company.
- AA or BS degree in a technical discipline, IT, or marketing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment, with a sense of urgency and provide timely and accurate follow-up to inquiries.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team and influence others without direct authority.
- Proactive, positive attitude required to solve internal and external customer issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and detailed oriented.
- SAP and SalesForce experience a plus.