Independently lead the effort to develop and analyze Transmission schedules using Primavera Project Planner Enterprise (P6). Able to
plan, schedule, integrate, baseline, update, maintain, and analyze project schedules with
minimal supervision or oversight . When applicable, maintain original baseline, schedule updates and KPI reporting for assigned projects. Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, and team focused individual able to competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all project aspects.
Additional duties may include developing and implementing project schedule status reports for the project management team. The candidate must be able to interface with project execution teams, Architects/Engineers, suppliers, contractors, and management.
1. Develop fully integrated P6 schedules (including resource loading and leveling ) for complex and
intermediate project execution teams including detailed P6 schedules that utilize critical path methodology based on work scope from the work packages and planners work list . Assist in developing and revising the Project Scope Document as needed.
2. Use sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline
schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project/outage teams on a routine basis.
3. Ensure all logic and activities support the level of detail required by the customer and meet internal department standards and guidance.
4. Prepare and analyze metrics reports or KPIs. Provide periodic summary level status reports as
5. Recommend and develop “what if” schedules such as compressed or crashed schedules, etc., as required to address problems that arise over the course of an project and incorporate the
necessary activity and logic changes into the project schedule to provide minimum impact to the schedule.
6. Perform all duties, and work with others in a safe manner, in compliance with appropriate company safety policies and rules.
7. Organize and conduct schedule meetings covering the estimating, planning,and scheduling of
assigned projects with applicable company and contract personnel.
8. Mentor and train junior level schedulers .
9. Perform/coordinate schedule and cost integration including SPI /CPI and setup/maintenance of
associated data systems and processes on a project basis.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in a related technical field such as Engineering, Construction Management, or an Associate degree in a related technical field and /or equivalent experience. If nuclear, then nuclear power plant operations training equivalent to Cook Plant 's 'Manager & Technical Staff Training Program.' Specific training must be completed in plant systems and technical specifications. Five years of nuclear power plant experience with demonstrated knowledge of plant layout, component locations and system/component functions.
Experience: 4-7 years experience as a Scheduler or equivalent project controls experience acquired through 8-10 years in a project/outage related scheduling function with demonstrated scheduling proficiency using P6. If Nuclear, then 6 years experience in Maintenance, Operations, or Work Control.
Have computer background including: knowledge of Oracle Database Systems, Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, Primavera Project Planner Enterprise, and Indus Passport or equivalent work management data systems. Experience with schedule QA/QC and financial reporting software are a plus.
Licenses/Certifications: Primavera/P6 certification. Working towards PMP is desired.
Please email your updated resume to Devonny Richey at email@example.com Thank you!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.