KLUS Pharma is a niche biotech located in the Greater Princeton area of New Jersey. We focus on biologic drug discovery and development. KLUS Pharma is wholly owned subsidiary of Kelun Group, which is a 2015 Fortune 500 company in China, with 20,000 staffs in 80+ subsidiaries, offering over 520 products and is the market leader of injectable and infusion technologies. Thomson Reuters in 2014 ranked Kelun the 4th most competitive pharm product pipeline in China.
KLUS Pharma is a company with great potential. We know that our employees will make all the difference, and we are committed to helping them maintain a healthy balance between work and life's many other commitments. We believe that the sustainable development of our employees is an ongoing mission that is based on our core values.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the KLUS Pharma to support therapeutic antibody programs.
The position will support the development and optimization of mammalian cell culture systems (CHO, Chinese Hamster Ovary cells) to produce recombinant proteins (especially antibodies). This will include the generation of expression constructs, transfection of mammalian host cell lines, and evaluation of production cell bank. The successful candidate will develop production cell lines for protein therapeutics and reagents for oncology and immunology discovery programs. The person selected for this position is expected to assist with the timely interpretation of data, and the preparation of development reports and technology transfer documents. Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and presentation of results as well as accurate record keeping, strong work ethic, and maintenance of a clean laboratory environment are expected.
- BS, MS, PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related field with 3 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong expertise in developing mammalian expression technologies for the generation of monoclonal antibody and recombinant protein therapeutic products.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as vector construction, PCR, transformation/transfection is crucial. Proficiency experience in cell culture optimization and clone genetic stability for therapeutic recombinant proteins.
- Good written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good computer skills, including word-processing, graphics, and spreadsheet programs are expected.
- Work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- General knowledge of fermentation and bioengineering with an emphasis on recombinant protein expression.
- General knowledge and understanding of challenges associated with scale-up and technology transfer of upstream processes as well as the use of statistical tools for data analysis.