Title: SDE 2
Location: Redmond, WA
Duration: Long Term, 12 -18 Months
- Troubleshoot and debug software defects in Windows device drivers
- Implement changes that extend the capabilities of Windows device drivers
- Use kernel debugger to isolate software bugs in Windows drivers (e.g., WinDbg)
- Integrate drivers into custom development builds
- Manage software in source code control (e.g., SourceDepot, TFS)
- Write scripts to automate tasks
- Work with test team on replicating software failures and analyzing results.
- At least five years of C or C++ programming experience
- Broad and solid knowledge about the Windows operating system, especially kernel mode
- Experience in debugging Windows drivers (KMDF/UMDF) is required.
- Strong experience in Troubleshooting and debug software defects in Windows device drivers
- Hands on experience with kernel debugger to isolate software bugs in Windows drivers (e.g., WinDbg)
- Strong software debugging skills, and ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and develop solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- BSCS, BSEE or similar technical degree Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Windows driver development (KMDF/UMDF) is highly preferred
- Depth of experience writing Windows OS drivers and using WinDbg
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes or bus analyzer tools
- Broad, solid knowledge of the Windows platform, especially kernel mode.