Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Senior Staff Accountant, you will perform various accounting functions to ensure accurate financial information is generated each month. Plus, you’ll be helping XPO build a brighter future by providing financial data used to set long-term business strategy.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform month-end and quarter-end close duties
- Perform monthly JE preparation and review (pre-paid's, accruals, etc.)
- Prepare and review reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete P/L and G/L account analysis
- Supervise, train and develop staff accountants; interact with multiple departments including Finance and Operations
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Support external auditors by providing requested information
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4 or more years of accounting experience
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables and V Look-Ups)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Public Accounting experience; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Experience with Oracle G/L
- Experience in the transportation and logistics industry
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.