The Sr. Student Services Administrator will advise and counsel Rensselaer School of Engineering undergraduate students on academic course requirements, course selection, and prerequisite courses. The incumbent will assist with the development and implementation of services and programs to facilitate the success and degree completion of engineering students and work with and provide referrals to various campus offices and services as needed. The incumbent will participate in and assists in planning events and activities on advising, retention, open houses, recruiting, and orientation programs. The incumbent will also be responsible for partnering with School of Engineering faculty advisors to ensure effective advising for all SoE students and a smooth transition from Hub advising to faculty advising.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Two or more years of experience with academic advising, student services, student affairs, career development or other related field
A Relevant combination of education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience in higher education.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency with on-line degree audit and tracking system such as Degree Works
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships with a culturally diverse population at all levels across the Institute
- Ability to create a welcoming environment that is inclusive of students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines
- Ability to speak professionally and personably before an audience, present materials and ideas effectively, and be able to verbally respond to questions and inquiries related to the undergraduate experience and Engineering programs
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite software applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail in a complex organizational environment
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to initiate projects and function as a self-starter
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and apply FERPA regulations
To apply please visit: http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/6548