Trade Street Consulting has been asked by a local growing healthcare software development company with an excellent team working environment, to locate an exceptional Sr. level Systems Administrator. The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for senior level tech support in all aspects of the server and computer environment, including the implementation, maintenance, and support of the company's systems infrastructure by implementing strategic infrastructure designs in order to support current and future applications and business needs.
This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all software, servers, storage and communication infrastructure; ensures infrastructure redundancy works as designed and back-up and disaster recovery processes are continually maintained to ensure maximum uptime; acts as a resource to help resolve escalated user support cases.
Our client is an entrepreneurial organization that has been experiencing strong, rapid growth. They provide excellent benefits and a flexible work schedule. Position is located in Charlotte, NC. Some travel may be required.
Sr. Systems Administrator – Perm Opportunity – Charlotte, NC
- Perform systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in an enterprise server environment (Ubuntu Linux, Red Hat, CentOS).
- Scale Solutions Hyperconverged system (KVM Hypervisor)
- StorTrends SAN technologies
- Work to ensure the continuous availability of all systems, PC’s, Laptops, Tablets, etc. and troubleshoot issues to resolve operational problems as they arise.
- In collaboration with senior management, manage projects using project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques.
- Manage the escalation of support requests to ensure maximum availability of systems.
- Support, troubleshoot and implement hardware and software solutions across the enterprise.
- Improve reliability and sustainability of hardware and software systems by providing analysis and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Respond to change requests and/or bug fixes in a timely manner as prioritized by management.
- Plan and implement security solutions to prevent internal and external threats to the network systems.
- Strong TCP/IP, DNS, SSH and SMTP knowledge;
- Command line and remote administration skills;
- Solid understanding of best practices for security, performance and data protection for CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu Server OS.
- Understanding of cluster technologies is a plus
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information so that end users can understand.
- Demonstrated ability to understand questions being asked and provide detailed information in response to a diverse group of customers.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents and operating manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Finance, or related discipline, or 8+ years of direct system administrator experience.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, persuade and collaborate with team and peers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs; especially Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Must have working knowledge of Linux operating Systems, including Ubuntu, Red Hat, and CentOS.
- Must have experience working in virtual environments, preferably Scale Computing and/or KVM hypervisor
- Ability to automate/script in some scripting language (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Provide sufficient operating platforms (host servers, storage) as needed
- Ability to deploy initial database environments (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Monitor database backups, transfer offsite as needed
- Troubleshoot user connectivity, process management, log management, revise/extend databases, and manage backup scripts
- 5+ years of Linux server experience
- 8+ years of System Administration experience
- 5+ years of MS Office 365