Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Sr. Systems Architect:
This position is responsible for managing the IT department’s project portfolio including enterprise initiatives, mandates, discretionary projects, and departmental projects. This position partners with departmental leadership, business partners, and the project management office to plan, prioritize, facilitate delivery, and report on the department’s entire project portfolio. The IT Projects Portfolio Manager oversees the departmental portfolio management functions which include the development of processes, standards and policies to effectively deliver projects and accurately report on their status and outcomes. This position oversees demand and capacity forecasting, management, issue identification and resolution. The IT Project Portfolio Manager manages a team of Technical Delivery Leads in the planning, execution and successful completion of projects of varying size and complexity to deliver projects with expected results and within timeframe and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of multiple matrixed IT teams in order to deliver according to plan across all projects.Responsibilities
- Strategically oversee and manage the entire life cycle of projects within the portfolio
- Facilitate the portfolio management processes (intake, discovery and approval) with IT leadership, departmental stakeholders and the project management office
- Assign projects to Technical Delivery Leads and maintain workload balance
- Coach, mentor, manage, educate and develop skill sets of Technical Delivery Leads
- Collaborate with IT managers on project delivery processes, project estimating, and resource allocation and planning
- Collect and generate the performance metrics for business outcomes and overall portfolio performance
- Actively engage stakeholders in portfolio development, prioritization, and execution
- Effectively (concisely and with accuracy) communicate problems, issues, risks, solutions, etc. both via written and oral methods to appropriate stakeholders and leadership
- Assess portfolio risks by evaluating delivery performance, available resources, benefits and budget
- Facilitate and manage ongoing portfolio planning and project delivery processes
- Develop executive level presentations and present as needed
- Lead and oversee functions related to the monitoring and reporting of the department project portfolio
- Act as a strategic liaison between executives, business management/employees, the project management office, and IT
- Manage requests for project/program changes that impact the projects, programs, or the overall portfolio. Make appropriate decisions, create change control requests, and escalate when necessary
- Enforce the processes and methodologies necessary to ensure portfolio data is correct in order to properly manage and report on portfolio status
- Oversee the development of detailed project plans, resource, work, and cost estimates, critical path assessment, budgets and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation
- Oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceed
- On an ongoing basis, monitor the metrics of all projects for significant deviations in quality, schedule, or cost
- Leads or participates in setting the System Architectural strategy and defining the architecture roadmap
- Leads or participates in the creation of application solution designs
- Analyzes proposed solution designs and make recommendations or sets direction within the context of the enterprise System Architecture
- Help define and coordinate solutions related to shared source code control, deployment processes, exception frameworks and alerting, testing frameworks, security, and other related concerns
- Research, identify and recommend industry best practices for solving business problems
- Lead System Architecture meetings with stakeholders for key decision making related to application solutions
- Develop prototype solutions to verify capabilities for new systems development, enhancement, and maintenance
- Ability to lead all phases of the application lifecycle
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty or related experience in the healthcare IT industry is required
- Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience working in an IT organization
- Minimum of six years of experience:
- Architecting application solutions
- Utilizing a software development lifecycle, application programming, and database modeling/programming.
- Developing and supporting business applications
- Minimum of six years Java/J2EE design and development, Progress® (OpenEdge®) GUI and App Server development, or .NET design and development
- Practical experience working with SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, Linux, Shell scripting
- Healthcare, Medicaid experience preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong system design and development skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex business processes
- Understanding of technical jargon and ability to communicate it in layman’s terms to non-technical staff
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage problems independently
- Ability to automate and integrate multiple inter-related business functions for a comprehensive approach to design
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users to understand business requirements
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in decision making
- Ability to collaborate with other IT Professionals to achieve common project goals
- Able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefitsinclude a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching thatis above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Companyby Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER