Senior UC Consulting Engineer- US Citizens or GC Holders only
New York, United States · Professional Services
Act as lead engineer to plan, design, implement and support complex, enterprise level Unified Communications
The Senior UC Specialist/Consulting Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering and be a member of the Engineering Team. The primary duties of the Senior UC Specialist/Consulting Engineer, which require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance, the knowledge of any advanced type in a field of science or learning customarily acquired by a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction, and the practical application of highly specialized knowledge in computer systems analysis, programming, and/or software engineering, include the following:
Business/Client Responsibilities and Expectations
- Collaborate with Engineering Team members to ensure that the Company Technologies project lifecycle approach is followed
- Plan, design, implement and support a full Cisco Unified Communications solution
- Present and make recommendations regarding deployment issues and challenges to the VP of Engineering, Director of Engineering or VP of Managed Services
- Develop strong relationships with clients to allow for the discovery of new business opportunities
- Identify potential challenges that may impact our client’s environment or our relationship with our clients and strategize for responding to challenges
- Communicate frequently with clients and Company employees to meet all of the above business goals.
Engineering Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Develop comprehensive and detailed Unified Communications designs
- Lead Unified Communications deployments and direct team of project engineers, both Company engineers and subcontractors
- Create detailed technical documentation and diagrams including, but not limited to:
- Client system documentation
- Deployment templates and best practices guidelines
- Retain existing Cisco certifications or specializations, as well as any relevant non-Cisco certifications (i.e. VMWare, Microsoft, etc.)
- Attain new Cisco or non-Cisco certifications and specializations, as discussed with the VP of Engineering
- Partner with the Adoption & Evolution Team to develop and prepare training setups and to provide the necessary details to finalize documentation
- 5+ years of relevant experience. CCVP/CCNP Voice desired
- Must have extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection/Unity in enterprise deployments, including bulk administration, provisioning and management of endpoints and user accounts in large-scale systems
- Proficiency with voice gateways: MGCP, SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1, analog FXO/FXS, Cisco Unified Border Element, media resources, SRST/SRSV
- Experience with Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, including but not limited to UC Manager integration, basic scripting, high availability clustering
- Solid experience with traditional PBX and voicemail system integration to a UC environment.
- Solid experience with CME/CUE.
- Solid experience with Cisco Unified Presence deployments with various client application integration: Cisco Jabber, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Microsoft Lync/Office Communicator, etc.
- Must have solid IP routing/switching and QoS skills
- Experience with virtualization, specifically VMware, Cisco UCS B/C-Series servers desired
- Experience with Cisco TelePresence video solutions desired
- Experience with Cisco audio and video conferencing solutions desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong troubleshooting skills required
- Cultural fit!!