Sr.UX Designer-User Interface Designer
- Job Label:
- WEBR-Sr.UX/UI Designer
Webroot is growing, and with that comes great opportunity. Our entire security product portfolio is continuously evolving, and we have a chance to improve overall user experience through a strong user interface and design vision. Here's a great opportunity that will let you make an impact on a global team as a Senior User Experience/ User Interface Designer!
As a member of our San Diego based User Experience team, you will utilize your talents in user-interface design,product branding, style guide management, data visualization and strong information architecture principles to make sure that our products not only look good but also function as designed. You will be part of a team that develops world-class security products used by businesses around the world. Your skills and creativity will be valued and your voice will be heard at Webroot, where we recognize the hard work and contributions of all our employees. Seize this opportunity to advance your career with Webroot.
Our San Diego division is looking for a UX/UI designer to join our growing team to guide a cohesive user interface design experience across our product line. Collaborating with members of our dedicated team of product interaction user experience designers as well as product management, marketing, customer support, sales and engineering will bring our company-wide focus on improved user experience to the forefront. The successful candidate will have a great track record of productivity, creativity, independent problem solving, and on-time delivery of finished work. We are looking for someone with the creative and technical capabilities as a user interface designer, knowledge and skills to make strong user-centric design decisions, as well as being a strong individual contributor within our team. We require great communication and collaboration skills, and product design experience and portfolio examples are a must.
- Envision a universal product design to apply to our suite of business and consumer products in desktop and mobile format
- Create a product style guide for consistency and brand alignment
- Contribute to and grow a master product design system
- Guide data visualization, content style, and visual treatments of interactions
- Design visual treatments for new features and new products as we continue to grow
- Consult with external and internal clients to understand their goals and validate design decisions
- Identify visual design problems and recommend solutions throughout the product lifecycle
- Operate with a user-centric design approach to test and iterate on proposed designs
- Assist when needed with user research, interviews, surveys and usability studies, and translate the findings into wireframes and prototypes
- Ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of products
- Management of design libraries and design systems with adherence to product branding requirements
- Skilled at applying design decisions to prototypes, mockups, and final user experience designs
- Strong working knowledge of common design tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Axure, Sketch, etc. Mobile (iOS, Android) development experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of information organization, user-centered design, and human-computer interaction
- Independent worker with ability to align well with agile teams
- Attributes: creative, highly productive, diligent, talented, and detail-oriented
- 4-year college or advanced degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, User Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or related field
- Portfolio of recent product design work, preferably online
- Proven track record of UI / UX delivery
- 5+ years of experience in user interface design
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Related Keywords:
- User Experience, UX Designer, UX UI Designer, wireframes, Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Axure, Visio, Sketch, Mobile iOS, Android, Designer, Agile