Sr VDI Systems Admin:
The VDI Systems Admin, Sr. Analyst will be responsible for the build and engineering of the VDI Platform including Horizon View pool engineering, App Volumes Appstack engineering, UEM profile and data management engineering, RDS pool engineering, and building/engineering related to Use Cases. This position requires strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures relative to VDI and will coordinate and engineer all platform upgrades, maintenance and provide escalate support for system issues. The VDI Systems Admin, Sr. Analyst will also be responsible making recommendations for products, upgrades, and applications that best suits the needs of the VDI environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs product specific engineering for View pools, Master images, RDS Hosts, and Data management.
• Create and maintain VDI use cases (view pools, parent images, templates, AppVolumes, etc.) including discovery, design, build, UAT, and production release.
• Coordinate maintenance and upgrades of VMware software (vCenter, View, etc.)
• Provide escalated support for patching and maintenance performed by Operations teams
• Tests new product capabilities and provides direction for product enhancements
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or related technical experience and certifications.
Preferred Work Experience
• 3-5 years of experience implementing and administering VMware vSphere/vCenter.
• 3-5 years of experience implementing and administering a VMware Horizon View virtual desktop infrastructure.
• 2-3 years of experience implementing and administering VMware App Volumes.
• 3-5 years of experience implementing and administering RDS Applications / ThinApp.
• 3-5 years of experience implementing and administering profile management in a VDI environment preferably using VMware UEM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Active Directory, GPO, PXE, NAT and network related technologies.
• Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems (7, 10, etc.)
• Knowledge of storage technologies
• Experience managing thin/zero clients (HP, Teradici)
• Vendor technical certifications (MCSA/MCSE, VCP) highly preferred
• Must be self-motivated
• Effective Project Management skills
• Good Organizational skills
• Excellent verbal & written skills