Sr. Virtualization Engineer - VMware / VDI
Location: Overland Park, KS or Hartford, CT area
Duration: 6 Month RTH
The Senior Virtualization Engineer is responsible for leading the implementation and operation of VMware Horizon View, including ESXi configuration, VDI gateways, two factor authentication and deployment of virtual applications. Participates in the design of these systems in conjunction with Architects.
- Leads the Business Technology Infrastructure team to apply VDI systems technology solutions in support of identified business problems.
- Responsible for analysis, administration and support of VMWare Horizon View VDI, thin clients, and other VDI-related technology.
- Provisions servers including: adding, allocating and managing vDisks for end-user devices.
- Participates in evaluation, selection, implementation and on-going support of software, hardware and tools used by the Enterprise Infrastructure platform.
- Responds to End User requests for technical support and assistance within established procedures.
- Provides operational support for Active Directory, Windows Server, and other Microsoft Application Servers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems, and responds to escalated requests for technical assistance.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
- 8+ years of related experience in systems engineering in both VMware and Windows environments.
- Must have strong experience in IT Infrastructure and Virtualization including: VMware vSphere 5/6, VMware Horizon View 6.2-7.5, EMC & Nimble Storage Solutions, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory 2008/2012/2016, Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Lync 2010/2013, RightFax 9/10, and IBM xSeries and Cisco UCS hardware
- PowerShell Scripting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required.