The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Sr. Business Analyst
The Federal Reserve System Cash Product Office (CPO) has an exciting opportunity for a Sr.Business Analyst. In this role in the CPO's National Operations group, you will support a variety of projects and tasks that may include operations support, national coin and currency inventory management, market intelligence, and business resiliency for the Federal Reserve System. The CPO's primary goal is to provide leadership and strategic direction for the Federal Reserve Cash Services function to ensure continued fulfillment of the Federal Reserve's mission.
About the Cash Product Office:
The mission of Federal Reserve Cash Services (FedCash Services) is to supply currency and coin to meet both domestic and international demand, maintain the quality and integrity of currency and coin in circulation, and ensure depository institutions have ready access to Cash Services. Our primary goal in meeting our mission is to maintain confidence in U.S. currency through well-controlled operations with sufficient capacity to meet the needs of the marketplace on a daily basis and in times of stress. The national Cash Product Office (CPO) provides strategic direction and operational support for FedCash Services. The CPO provides operational guidance and technology strategies for U.S. currency and coin supplied to depository institutions by the twelve Federal Reserve Banks and their branches. In coordination with the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the CPO formulates policies related to the handling of coin and currency.
We are proud of our strong leadership, expertise, and collaboration, and for our contributions to the cash supply chain and to the U.S. payments system more broadly. We know our strength lies in our team members and the common set of values we have built together, and we work hard to maintain our reputation across the Federal Reserve System. These core values - Community, Service, Expertise, Resiliency and Curiosity - are representative of what we want our customers and partners to experience when they interact with us. These values reflect our passion in our public service work, how we engage with one another and how we get work done. We take our job and our mission seriously, and we also know how to relax and have some fun in the process.
We expect our CPO employees to aspire to demonstrate our core values in how we work and interact with each other and our broader community. From the words we use to how we make our financial decisions, we will incorporate our values in how we show up every day.
Additional Highlights of the Position:
- Collect, model, analyze, and interpret complex and/or broad data; identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Prepare and present a variety of operational analyses and recommendations to senior management for decision-making. Examples include status reports, dashboards, and development of ad-hoc business models and papers.
- Perform day-to-day project management and administration tasks in support of department-led projects and initiatives in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relations with Reserve Bank peers, management, and industry stakeholders to meet short, mid, and long term national objectives.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization and industry stakeholders on decisions and strategic options that may have operational, policy, or financial impacts to the business area.
- Prepare and present information to diverse stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
- Develop, implement, and manage analytical and operational projects with or without formal direction from superiors and actively identify opportunities for further refinement of existing processes and initiate analysis in support of cash operations and processes.
- Utilize varied data points and moderate to complex information to distill it into meaningful results.
- Some travel (up to 15% of the time) will be required based on assignments.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or related subject
- 5 + years of related experience
- Strong skills in the area of:
- analytics, problem solving, critical thinking, organization, prioritization, multi-tasking, and follow-through;
- verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact and work successfully with all levels of staff/management;
- demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
- leading/facilitating meetings/project groups; and
- presenting qualitative and quantitative information to audiences, in person and via phone or video conference
- Demonstrated expertise in spreadsheet and database development for the purposes of manipulating, dissecting, analyzing, and presenting data, highlights and trends, using the Microsoft office product suite such as MS Excel, Access, and SharePoint. Demonstrated expertise in presentation development.
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts in person, via phone, video conference, and written communications.
- Ability to work effectively with or without direct supervision, in teams or independently.
- Strong communicator who takes complex scenarios and breaks them down in an articulate and simplistic manner.
- Strong personal initiative, excellent time management, project management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and influence skills, adept written communication skills, dynamic verbal communicator, accomplished analytical skills.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Expertise in data visualization software tools such as Tableau or Power BI preferred
- Reserve Bank Cash operation experience, or comparable commercial Bank Cash operations experience