Sr. Financial Analysts
Works under the general direction of the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis and is responsible for financial support and control of moderate to complex programs within a business. Follows standard procedures, processes and schedules as established by the Finance process owner. Maintains a continuous improvement and learning mindset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and monitors cost and/or performance measurement baselines for assigned programs.
- Prepares program controls to ensure profitability of awarded contracts; communicates cost and schedule trends that impact such programs.
- Is responsible for all aspects of program tracking and controls including the establishment of work breakdown structures, budget release, program review reporting packages, EAC development (estimate at completion) and forecasting key program elements such as sales, gross margin, accounts receivable, inventory, new business and backlog. Develops supporting performance reports, integrates variance analyses and provides management/ customers with a clear and concise understanding of program status.
- Is responsible for full range of reporting with respect to sales, gross margin, cash flow and major balance sheet accounts; consolidates information from all programs within the business and provides analysis for top management reporting.
- Works collaboratively with program team to manage and troubleshoot program baseline concerns; participates as co-lead with project lead in determining root cause and corrective action.
- Prepares periodic financial reports for government and commercial customers, as required.
- Maintains comprehensive position of contractual coverage from initial award through subsequent amendments.
- Actively involved in full range of proposal pricing inclusive of review of operational inputs, analysis of historical actuals and trends, pricing, proposal summaries and management review packages
- Is supportive of and participates in continuous improvement projects; takes advantage of tools and programs that will increase the accuracy and efficiency of program monitoring and reporting.
- Provide oversight to lower level analysts, as assigned. May be assigned work on special projects or assignments from other company businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5 - 7 years of related experience in manufacturing or aerospace
- Broad knowledge of cost accounting/control functions, estimating techniques and financial modeling.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of aerospace or manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal skills to successfully communicate with internal and external business partners. Proficient verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Possesses good judgement and influencing skills, and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to use good judgement and discretion; able to ask questions and raise issues/concerns constructively and in a timely manner.
- Possesses a good understanding of the FAR and CAS.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint).
- Domestic and international travel required up to 20% - 25% of time.
XXXXXXXX is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
XXXXXXXXX considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. XXXXXXXX and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. XXXXXX provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Positions at XXXXXX require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.