Some people take things as they come. Others relentlessly push themselves to go farther. Combine health care and technology, which are two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with UnitedHealth Group's culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: industry-leading health care services at a company that's improving the lives of millions. As the Sr. Healthcare Economics Consultant you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. As the Sr. Consultant, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpret and analyze claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of utilization analysis
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Create and update automated processes from various data sources
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Develop, maintain, and enhance inpatient bed day reporting
- Detail data analysis on utilization, hospital contract modeling, monetization modeling, and inpatient unit cost forecasting
- Research key business problems through quantitative analysis of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Identify potential data issues and variances in source data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- 5+ years’ experience with data analysis
- At least an advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel including pivots, formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency with MS Access
- Proficient at analyzing large datasets and working with SAS and relational databases
- Master’s degree
- Healthcare data analysis experience, preferably focusing on utilization, cost drivers, and trends
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of Medicare or Medicaid
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, economics, data analysis, SAS, Cypress, CA, California, Telecommute