We are Drybar, a blow dry bar, and we set out to shake up the beauty industry in our own, anti-salon kind of way. We believe in doing one thing and being the best at it. For us, that’s blowouts. In fact, our tagline says it best: No cuts. No color. Just blowouts. What started with one shop in Brentwood, CA has grown to nearly 60 locations across 15 markets, with more to come. We are actively seeking a Sr. Manager of Public Relations!
The Sr. Manager of Public Relations will craft Drybar’s public relations, partnership, and social media strategy and collaborate with respective marketing counterparts to implement plans; most importantly, demonstrating bottom line impact and overall value of these initiatives to Drybar’s business growth.
As a member of the Marketing team, the Sr. Manager of Public Relations contributes to the overarching marketing strategy to build the Drybar brand while supporting both internal and external partners. Primarily, the Sr. Manager of Public Relations will oversee public relations, media briefings, press releases and articles, social media, and philanthropic endeavors.
The Sr. Manager of Public Relations is a key contributor in driving strong story-telling, campaign and project development, and responsible for growing the Drybar audience across all social media channels. This position will report directly to the VP of Marketing and will manage our cross-functional teams and external agency partners to develop and implement plans.
- Day-to-day contact for Public Relations activities done in-house and with agencies; drive innovative media coverage for all aspects of the Drybar brand – including new shop openings, product launches and key brand building initiatives
- Increase awareness of Drybar by identifying & executing national strategic partnerships that either a) contribute incremental revenue, or b) elevate our brand by association and “surprise & delight” offerings, or c) position Drybar amongst a new audience
- Collaborate with Retail, Product, and Digital marketing managers to manage annual marketing calendar, initiatives & budgets
- Draft materials including press releases, pitches, fact sheets, messaging documents and talking points with a strong attention to detail and a highly sophisticated writing style
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Drives and achieves results even under tough circumstances
- Communicate innovative ideas and creative strategies for new brand marketing messages that speak to new shop openings, events and new program launches
- Research and analyze Public Relations/marketing trends and acting quickly to create buzz worthy opportunities
- Partner with VP of Marketing on larger “tentpole” and innovative brand building initiatives
- Update & maintain Brand Overview Deck & other essential brand/media assets on monthly basis
- Constantly bring proactive ideas to the table on ways to build brand awareness, engagement and traffic to our shops
- Ensures the brands missions, vision, values and diversity and inclusion are always front and center and included in our strategy
- Lead Corporate social responsibility development, crisis management communication and team member communication
- Social Media Manager
- Annual business travel averages approximately 5% of the time
- Assist with key initiatives such as brand positioning, consumer focus groups, etc.
- Keeps abreast of industry changes and developments (tools, tactics, etc.)
- Performs other similar or related duties as request or assigned
- Hyper-connected in Los Angeles public relations, influencer, entertainment and event scene preferred
- Experience in Public Relations & social media management to build brand awareness
- Solid understanding of marketing strategies and familiarity with marketing management skills
- Financial acumen including strong analytical ability; solid profit and loss experience
- Strong leadership & team building skills; proven ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation, communication and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of Public Relations/marketing experience (fashion, lifestyle, retail, beauty, or hair care experience preferred)
QUALITY AND SAFETY STANDARDS:Work product of the department must be high quality. Must have ability to innovate process improvements in order to achieve the highest operational standards. Takes a proactive approach to safety in the workplace for all Drybar operations and offices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell; traverse business office areas and retail shops.
Must be able to type on a computer keyboard, use 10-key, dial a telephone and efficiently utilize other common office equipment requiring the ability to use fingers and hands on a regular basis using fine motor movements. Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, complex ideas, information and concepts to all levels in the organization including executive management. Must be able to participate in verbal and written conversations, requiring ability to read, talk, hear and understand what others are communicating as well as able to write, speak and effectively communicate with others.
Mild exposure to electrical shock through the use of office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones and copier machines.
Office environment is temperature controlled from 65 – 75 degrees, no exposure to variable extremes of excessive heat or cold temperatures.
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:Regularly works in both a modern office environment and in the field at retail shop location or other off-site locations. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday. This position may frequently require longer hours and weekend work.
EQUIPMENT USED:Modern office equipment includes: personal computer, printer, telephone and copy machine.