Seeking Staff Accountant for a long-term role based out of Carlsbad, CA. Four-year degree required with 2-4 years work experience, ideally prior exposure to SAP or HFM.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end close process within a condensed time frame.
- Perform analytical functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close. Duties include analysis of income statement, balance sheet and equity transactions, financial statements and general accounting support for financed and non-financed projects
- Utilize financial reporting software to create, maintain and update reporting templates and data queries
- Assist with compilation of quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements in line with compliance reporting requirements.
- Support the annual audit process for standalone audits, including compiling financial statements and footnote schedules, providing PBC requests to the external auditors, and providing substantial support for audit selections.
- Work with internal functional departments (e.g. Treasury, Asset Management, Engineering and Procurement) and external groups to ensure financial reported results are accurate and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from key stakeholders within the organization.
- Assist with special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.
- Four-year college degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university required, CPA a plus.
- 2 to 4 years full-time accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and Microsoft Office are a plus, but not required.
- Energy industry experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in performing financial and analytical computations
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Adapts effectively to new and changing environments
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team oriented environment
- Strong communication skills