Now Hiring - Staff Accountant.
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Staff Accountants have responsibility for assisting in the management of Flexential accounting records, financial transactions, and reporting. This position is designed to assist with the monthly general ledger closing process and periodic audits. Strong emphasis on balance sheet reconciliations, monthly journal entries, expense and revenue analysis, bank reconciliations, and other reporting, as needed.
Duties of Staff Accountants may vary but are likely to include some combination of the following:
- Prepare Monthly P&L and Balance Sheets for multiple Data Centers and Corporate Operations.
- Analyze Expenses and Report Variance Explanations for Data Centers.
- Interface with all members of the administration and management staff.
- Prepare and Post Monthly Journal Entries (including Prepaids and Amortization Schedules).
- Review and/or Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts (not including Fixed Asset Rollforward Accounts) in multiple entities and resolve open items.
- Maintain Accounting System setup maintenance.
- Monitor Monthly Accruals.
- Monitor and Improve the Month-End and Year-End Closing Process.
- Monitor Intercompany Consolidated Account Balances.
- Review and/or Reconcile Operating and Payroll Bank Accounts.
- Prepare All Audit Lead Schedules for Annual External Audit and Provide Supporting Detail and Documentation.
- Perform Other Responsibilities, as Assigned by Supervisor.
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.