Position: Staff Accountant
Salary Grade: Non-Exempt
Statement of the Job :
Staff Accountant will compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly journal entries. Performs assigned accounting functions such as preparing monthly financial statements, audit schedules and other ad hoc reports. Maintains general ledger accounts and provides accounting guidance on business transactions, applying GAAP appropriately. Works under moderate supervision.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Essential Functions :
• Prepare monthly departmental financial reports for distribution.
• Prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
• Enter cash receipts data for posting, including uploads of contributed revenue and box office revenue subledger data.
• Verify and post weekly payroll batches to general ledger.
• Update bank reports on a daily basis, including cash inflows/outflows and outstanding check list. Upload Positive Pay files to bank for released AP or payroll checks.
• Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts, recording interest income for interest-bearing accounts.
• Prepare Weekly Ticket Sales summary report for distribution.
• Compile monthly box office reports for tracking of facility fee data by theatre.
• Record employee benefit allocations.
• Assist with merchant account reconciliations and track credit card chargebacks.
• Prepare Sales & Use Tax monthly (pre)payments and quarterly returns.
• Assist in preparing schedules for federal, state and local tax and informational returns; compile financial data for surveys and grant reporting.
• Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and audit schedules as assigned
• Cross-train and provide occasional backup to Accounts Payable Coordinator.
• Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred and/or experience working in the corporate accounting or finance department of a non-profit organization
• Computer proficiency in:
Microsoft Excel to include Pivot Tables and V Lookups
Great Plains Accounting Software (preferred)
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Must be well organized, deadline and detail oriented
• Positive and energetic attitude towards work and the organization
• Solid writing and oral communication skills
• Regular and reliable attendance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.