We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Accounting Department. Must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. The position involves full accounting responsibilities for a number of our client non-profit membership based societies. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced accountant who is interested in working in a growing company with professional growth opportunities.
- Concentration on month-end duties for a number of non-profit, membership based clients.
- Maintains and balances client accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Participates in continuous improvement of internal controls and oversight of financial systems.
- Supports Treasury function, including budgeting, cash management and cash forecasting.
- Assists in external financial and tax audit and examination processes, including assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information.
- Client analysis and reporting
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years’ general accounting experience required.
- CPA designation preferred, but not required.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills (oral and written), the ability to interact with all levels of management through the organization, clients - and the initiative to get the job done.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Advanced QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multitask and work within deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment.