Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
* Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
* Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
* Provides accounting support for audit by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains financial security by ensuring strong internal controls
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities internal and external; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Ad hoc reporting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS degree in a related field preferred
* A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a staff accountant or similar role
* Well versed in Excel - Pivot Tables / V-lookup
* Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills
* AX Experience a plus
* General Math Skills