Job Title: Staff Cloud Software Engineer - PaaS
Duration: 6 months
Location: Bellevue, WA
· This is a technical position in Lab located in Bellevue, eastside of Seattle. This job will focus on cutting edge cloud technologies. The candidate has to be a self-motivated technical person, able to think out-of-the-box, and with a passion to build up an integrated micro-services platform on top of an open source based cloud environment. Members of this team will collaborate with different groups of people from open source community, and will be developing various prototypes in a lean and agile fashion. This is a great opportunity to stay ahead and make an impact on the industry. This position will meet a lot of challenges, but it will be a lot of fun as well.
· Following are the position for senior level, or a junior. You will be fine if you can meet part of the list.
· Hands-on development experience in Open Source projects that enables Cloud and Virtualization technologies, or able to demonstrate strong passion and knowledge of the related Open Source projects (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker, Container, Linux, etc.)
· Expert in modern software design and implementation methodologies: Agile Development, SOA, Micro-Services etc.
· Experience in developing scalable application in cloud environment is highly desirable.
· Multi-years of development and testing experiences in Cloud PaaS and/or SaaS environment
· Multi-years of solid development experience in modern object oriented development is preferred
· Proficient with Linux environments (Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.)
· Participate in a Cloud PaaS project.
· Fill in gaps between open-source micro-services related solutions to glue them into an integrated platform. Resolve potential performance or functional issues of related open-source components for integration.
· Deliver rapidly iterative new design or new architecture POC. Develop necessary code for this project in production release quality.
· Delivering solutions is always the team’s objective, so you need to participate in all of the works involved and required.
· 2 years of large scale distributed software design and development experience
· Experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: Cloud Foundry, Openshift, AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku, or other PaaS technologies.
· Experience in two of the following languages: Go, Java, C#, Ruby, Python and Node.js.
· BS or higher degree in computer science or a related field.
· Experience in OS virtualization and containerization technologies is a plus.
· Experience in one or more of following open source projects is a plus: Docker, RabbitMQ, Cloudfiy, ElasticSearch, CoreOS/etcd, Kubernetes, Openstack.
· Experience in network function virtualization (NFV) and/or software define network (SDN) is a plus.
· Experience in working in a distributed team environment is a plus