The Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC), an operating unit of Mercer University, is located in Warner Robins, GA. MERC is dedicated to providing high quality engineering, scientific, and technical support services under contract to both government and private industry customers.
MERC has an immediate opening for Staff Cyber Security Engineers in the Cyber Security Product Area.
Duties of the position include performing separable portions of broad cyber security engineering programs that may involve system or network security assessments, vulnerability analyses, risk analyses and threat modeling, penetration testing, security controls implementation and validation, forensic analysis, system certification or accreditation support, and research on security techniques, procedures, and hardware/software components.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a DoD security clearance.
- This position requires a Baccalaureate degree in Cyber security or a closely related technical subject (e.g., EE, Computer Engineering Software Engineering, or other engineering degree in a related area) from an ABET accredited School or College of Engineering and/or a designated DHS/NSA National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Security+ Certification
- Other industry-recognized cyber security certifications