- 2nd Medical is a fast-paced 49 bed medical/oncology unit. The unit provides continuous nursing care to patients up to 21 years of age who are acutely ill, injured, or are in various stages of recuperation from diagnostic, therapeutic, or surgical interventions. Among the population cared for on second floor are oncology/hematology patients including sickle cell patients. Second Floor is staffed with Registered Nurses, Patient Care Assistants and Health Unit Coordinators. The RN’s provide direct nursing care and supervise and direct the care given by Patient Care Assistants. Selected Registered Nurses become Chemotherapy Biotherapy Providers after completing the APHON Chemotherapy and Biotherapy course and practicum. The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing and directing general nursing care to patients.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Minimum Education
- Bachelors Preferred
- Minimum Work Experience
- Pediatric nursing experience preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- Nursing Licensure for State of Tennessee
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated clinical abilities.
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling is required up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20-30 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects of up to 150 lbs. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 150 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.