If interested in this opportunity please send an updated copy of your resume to Kevin Appiah at email@example.com
8/6 start date
• Processes customer's prescription orders in a timely and efficient manner while focusing on quality.
• Review prescriptions for accuracy and check for drug interactions.
• Evaluate appropriateness of dosage, directions, and therapy.
• Assess drug/allergy concerns.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws.
• Responsible for all questions, dialogues, and issues which relate directly to patient therapy.
• Other duties as needed.
• Must be a registered pharmacist in the state of Texas in good standing.
• Required registration/licensure as a pharmacist as granted by that applicable state licensing agency.
• Ability to work under self-direction with dependable work ethic.
• Experience working with confidential information.
• Demonstrated high performance standards and good attendance record
• Willing to work non-standard hours, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
• Must be self-motivated and utilize a proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems.
Desired Qualifications (preferred but not necessary):
• Basic Skill in Microsoft Office
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.