ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We’re a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
We’re currently in the search for an ambitious, empathic, and collaborative Software Architect for our Insurance teams. The insurance team is responsible for the development of various consumer facing self-serve applications that allow our AAA members to obtain information and complete various transactions online. These applications will continue our commitment at ClubLabs to create viable digital experiences for our AAA members.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues.
- Interpret business requirements into technical direction and documentation.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our engineering teams.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Collaborate with various business units, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Perform code reviews and mentorship to junior engineers.
- 7+ years of professional development experience in the design, development, and execution of enterprise software solutions.
- Solid experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally.
- Experience in one or more programming languages (C#, Java, Node, C++, C).
- Demonstrated experience in one or more modern JS framework (e.g. React or Angular)
- Database experience in one of the following: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- Experience in hybrid On-prem and Cloud computing implementation and integration preferred.
- Experience in implementing OAuth/OpenID, TLS/SSL, and certificates.
- Experience in TDD/ BDD.
- Experience working in Agile/ Waterfall methodologies.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.