Fortune 500 Medical Device Company – Excellent Benefits
Staff Software Engineer IV that shall support the development of surgical systems, websites and apps within the regulated medical environment. Shall work with teams or individually based on project complexity. Needs to be able to work with cross functional groups to gather and document requirements to develop software. Needs to have a high sense of urgency and a self-starter that can contribute to the team. Needs to be able to mentor junior engineers.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, Staff Software Engineer, IV, will:
- Work cross functionally to develop software
- Ability to work as an individual or a team member to develop software
- Create code in multiple software languages.
- Document code to meet regulatory requirements
- Create unit test for software
- Mentors other junior software engineers to promote career advancement
- Prepares and controls project budget.
- Evaluates progress, results, and recommends changes in procedures and systems, as business and equipment electrical needs change.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or closely related discipline is required.
- A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of software development within a regulated environment is required
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline is required.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
- Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors is required.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action is required.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators is required.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations is required.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment is required.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences is required.
- Proven proficiency in Qt QML is required.
- This position is in Santa Ana, CA and will require up to 10% of travel.