Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
CST Technician are multi-skilledpersonnel who are responsible and accountable for all duties related to thecleaning and decontamination of general and specialty surgical instruments,power drills, endoscopes, and patient care equipment.
CST tech’s are responsible for all the sterilization in the hospital includingthe cleaning, preparation, assembling and packing all surgical instruments usedin the hospital including quality control testing, monitoring all thesterilization equipment, maintaining records, and anticipates turnovers byfollowing the surgical schedule. They may also perform assigned duties such hasanswering the phones, terminal cleaning, transporting surgical trays andequipment. Interacts professionally with other departments.
1. Processes and oversees all contaminated instruments, returned to SterileProcessing.
2. Uses knowledge of tray assembly and sterilization principles to correctlyprepare items for sterilization.
3. Properly loads, operates and cleans steam sterilizer and sterrad system andall general equipment, using biological and chemical control tests as requiredby the department and Joint Commission standards.
4.Maintains appropriate sterilization testing on a routine basis anddocuments results as required.
5. Works closely with the Director and Lead Technician and assist with theorientation for new personnel.
6.Check all instruments for defects, proper working order, and a finalcheck for cleanliness
7. Assembly instrument sets and trays according to the established count sheet
select proper packaging material and wraps and labels for all items sterilized
8. Operate all sterilization equipment following all manufacturers'recommendations
9. Order supplies for the department as needed
10.Perform clerical duties
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current certification (CRCST) required.
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment whereyou can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individualand cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued andappreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-Long Island City