Position Title: Stocktaker
Department: Inventory Control
Supervisor: Inventory Controller
The Stocktaker is responsible for ensuring all products in the warehouse are properly accounted for. They must count merchandise on the warehouse floor and compare it to information maintained in a database to ensure the amounts on the database are correct.
It is also the employee’s responsibility to service any customers that may require assistance selecting and retrieving products from the shelves.
- Perform weekly cycle counts
- Walk through warehouse to different departments to count product
- Scan product with LRT Gun and enter quantities counted
- Move product as needed in order to ensure accurate counts.
- Enter security cage and count product while lifted as needed
- Research in proprietary computer system (JSS) discrepancies between physical count and count in the database.
- Drive Scissor Lift as needed
- Provide friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Assists customers with product location and detailed information when needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent Math skills.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity of products.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift , carry, push and pull 20 - 25 lbs frequently
- Ability to lift , carry, push and pull 50 – 100 lbs occasionally
- Ability to walk, climb, stoop and kneel
- Ability to remain standing, walking for 4 hours at a time with one 10 to 15 minute break within the 4 hours.
- Must have the following posture tolerance: reach above shoulder level, twist/turn head, bend over/stoop, and kneel/squat
- Comfortable with heights
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Temperatures will vary depending on Department where stock is being reviewed. For example the Deli/Produce Departments are cool, Freezers are cold.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, HiLo) moving material throughout the warehouse.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.