About the Position
- Underwrite new traditional stop-loss proposals for existing clients.
- Enroll new business and prepare renewals in compliance with departmental policies and procedures and state guidelines.
- Cultivate new producer relationships when appropriate.
- Maintain and grow existing contacts with key distribution channels (brokers/ third-party administrators/consultants.)
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other underwriters and Departments.
- Work closely with all departments to maintain existing block and associated producer and administrator relationships.
- Work closely with other underwriters to write profitable new business.
- Exercise strong communication skills enabling proper interaction with prospects/clients as well as internal departments.
- Must have excellent time management skills with ability to effectively balance multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- College degree and/or 2+ year's underwriting experience equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage a large block of business and achieve defined goals
- Maintain client focus with strong oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Willingness to collaborate with coworkers
- Microsoft suite knowledgeable
Join a company with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package
including life, medical, vision, and dental with a company matched 401(k).