Store Managers are results driven leaders who drive the success of a retail operation by executing on strategy and following best practices. They have oversight of a store and must create culture of high performance and high engagement while identifying and developing the next generation of leaders. A critical accountability of this role is driving execution: they must work through a team to lead the daily operations and drive the business results of a store. They must take a thoughtful approach to their work; consistently identifying what levers to pull to drive results. To maintain a strong customer focus and drive sales, they must create a culture that is highly engaging and promote a best in class customer experience. They must hold people accountable and consistently deliver on the promise to the customer. To prepare for the future, they also must identify, build, develop, and retain strong teams that include technicians, customer advocates (standard/large stores), repair specialists (standard/large), and Assistant Managers (large only), To be successful, they must be good communicators, strong team builders, and good collaborators. They must execute on the organization's best practices and processes. They must be flexible and adaptable as Safelite's business model continues to evolve.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
Team Development and Retention
* Responsible for the full cycle of talent fundamentals including selection, onboarding, training, development, performance management, culture and engagement of their team.
* Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current needs of the store.
* Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize stretch assignments for Customer Advocates, Assistant Managers, and Technicians.
* Provide regular coaching and development that focuses on recalibrations, productivity, quality, NPS and VAPs.
* Create a rewarding and positive work environment that encourages retention of associates. Identify and address any barriers to retention, including managing associate work-related concerns.
Business and Strategy Implementation
* Execute on the annual plans for a store by delegating through the team, ensuring alignment with the district direction
* Quantify business outcomes (i.e., revenue, NPS, job completion rate, time to serve, wiper sales, quality, profitability, COE, associate retention and engagement)
* Work with District Manager and Field Finance to inform the development of workforce plans.
* Oversee the P&L for the store, ensuring that revenue and profit goals are met and understanding what financial levers to pull to move the market toward its goals, managing expenses, maximizing profits, and minimizing loss.
* Oversee all budgets and payroll.
* Responsible for every aspect of the store operations including safety, facility management, inventory management, and timecard records.
* Builds a culture that prioritizes driving a great, memorable, and easy customer experience.
* Monitor and address all customer service metrics (e.g., NPS)
* Identifies and removes barriers and obstacles where necessary.
ATTRIBUTES / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED; OR
* 5-7 years leadership and supervision experience, preferred
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* Physical requirements are inclusive, but not limited to, the following:
* Ability to work from the Store location
* Ability to satisfy all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements as outlined in the Field Supplemental Handbook (i.e. nitrile gloves).
* Ability to occasionally lift windshields, up to 35 pounds
* Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, devotes considerable effort to surpassing goals and achieving the best possible results; goes above and beyond to achieve excellence. Drives ahead with great focus when faced with obstacles and setbacks; maintains productivity and a positive attitude.
* Develops Talent - Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. For example, shares own experience and expertise with others if asked. Provides constructive feedback and other support for other people's development.
* Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, tracks performance and strives to remain effective, learning from both successes and failures. Readily takes on challenges or difficult tasks and has reputation for delivering on commitments.
* Change Management - Communicates change and the reasons for change effectively. Prepares appropriate change plans for the workforce and anticipates and mitigates confusion, resistance, and conflict.
* Operational Best Practices - Implements best practices in the stores. Utilizes the playbook in their store, utilizing best practices and addressing challenges and removing obstacles to the implementation of best practices.
* Customer Service Delivery - Understands the full customer experience and holds others accountable for meetings high customer service standards. Oversees critical metrics and works with Store Managers to create mitigation plans when customer service is not being delivered to an acceptable standard.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled